Last Updated July 2, 2013
What information does griddig gather and track?
Types of data we collect.
We may collect Personal Data from you and generate Anonymous Data when you use the Services and when you send us communications. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means non-personally identifiable data we create from Personal Data by excluding information that makes such data personally identifiable. Building Data is also considered Anonymous Data and is used as described below.
In general, we collect information about you in the following ways:
- Registration. When you register for the Services, we collect Personal Data that allows us to establish your account and identify or contact you, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
- Payments. We process payments through a third party service provider that may request your mailing address, email address, credit card information including number, CVV and expiration date, and other information required to process your subscription.
- Usage Tracking/Hardware/Software/Cookies. While you use any of our Services, we automatically track information related to your use of the Services. This information may include (among other things) content viewed or posted by you and the pages you view and other actions you take while using our Services. There is also information about your computer that is automatically collected by griddig when you are using griddig’s Services. This information can include information such as your browser type, IP address, mobile device platform, Internet connection speed, access times and identification of any software program or hardware that has previously caused technical problems with the Services. Cookies may store this information on your computer so that the Services run smoothly and can be tailored to your preferences, but cookies themselves do not contain personal account information.
- Technical Support/Information. When you request technical support or information for the Services, we ask you for your personal information and other information necessary to answer your question or resolve your problem.
- Feedback. We may ask you for feedback on aspects of the Services from time to time. We use this information to continually improve the quality of the Services.
- Public Forums on griddig. If you use any comment feature, bulletin board, review area or other public forum on or as part of the Services, you should be aware that any information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
- Promotions or Contests. If you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by griddig and/or our partners, we ask for your contact information so that our partners or we can administer the contest or promotion, and notify winners.
- Other information you give us. When you use the Services, we may collect any information that you enter or give us in any other way in order to contact you about the Services, such as Building Data. Additionally, if you want to learn more about our products or services, we may request that you fill out a form in which we ask for information such as your first/last name, mailing address, email address and phone number. We only use this information to contact you in order to provide you with information about griddig products and services, answer any questions that you may have, and/or help you sign up for the Services of your choice. We use and retain Building Information as described below.
Who controls my information after I upload it to griddig?
Your Personal Data (your name, address, contact information) is yours. You can change all or any portion of it anytime you want. We will retain billing records and communication opt-out preferences consistent with industry best practices. When you request us to deactivate your account for the Services, we will mark your account as inactive on our internal systems and remove you from all marketing and other lists. However, other parties who received your Personal Data, and any Personal Data you posted in our public forums or other public areas of the website will still be available. In addition, your Personal Data may remain on a backup server or media. griddig keeps these backups to ensure our continued ability to provide the Services to our users in the event of malfunction or damage to our primary servers. Anonymous Data derived from your Personal Data may remain on our servers indefinitely and we reserve the right to use any Anonymous Data derived from or incorporating your Personal Data. In addition, we reserve the right to use any data relating to the size, location, square footage, amenities or other information relating to a building or other space (collectively, “Building Data”) once entered, to serve our users and enable them to take maximum advantage of the Services and the Website.
We work with third parties to provide the Services, including our payments processor and hosting provider. Our third party service providers are contractually required to maintain confidentiality of your Personal Data in accordance with obligations no less rigorous than those obligations to which we are subject.
Personal Data may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization or other transfer (a “Transfer”) involving griddig. griddig specifically reserves the right to transfer Personal Data to a third party in connection with a Transfer.
Does griddig share user account information?
Information You Choose to Share with Others.
The Services contain features that allow you to collaborate with other users and negotiate LOIs for commercial property lease agreements or provide comments or feedback. Any Personal Data that you include in such communications will be viewable by the recipient or those you collaborate with, as applicable. In addition, any such collaboration, feedback or comments will be permanently associated with your account, even after you cease to use the Services.
Certain information you enter on the Service will be available to all users of the Service. By entering your Personal Information, you should be aware that other users of the Service will be able to contact you through the Service.
We may employ other companies and individuals to perform services for us and functions on our behalf. These agents are all are subject to confidentiality obligations no less rigorous than those obligations to which we are subject. Examples may include gathering user preference information, collecting payments, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, and collecting and processing payments for the Services. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and may use personal information for data analytical purposes, but may not use it for other purposes.
Some griddig promotions may require that you provide additional information, such as your mailing or email address. By requesting more information or by participating in promotions, you give griddig permission to transfer your personal information to the sponsor or partner so they can fulfill your request.
Legally Compelled Disclosure and Other.
griddig may disclose or access Personal Data when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights. griddig may also disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service. We can disclose Personal Data about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with a violation of the Terms of Service, an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
How does griddig use my information?
griddig uses your information on an aggregated basis to operate and improve our Services. We statistically analyze site usage, including the behavior of our users, to improve the content, layout, and services of the griddig web sites, as well as to enhance our marketing and promotional efforts.
We may share Anonymous Data with third parties, such as our partners or the general public, for educational, advertising, marketing and promotional purposes. However, we do not disclose any Personal Data about you to any third party without your permission or as otherwise authorized by law.
We and our third party service providers may use the information we collect to process payments, confirm renewal charges or payments to your account, manage your account, and develop and analyze data metrics.
Finally, we may use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the web site, new Services, and special offers (including promotion of our product or third party products) we think you will find valuable.
How secure is my account information?
griddig uses industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers. We make reasonable efforts to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. In addition, we always use a secure connection when collecting financial information from you. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Your griddig account is password-protected so in addition to those partners or agents who may provide you services, only you and those you designate can access it and view the user information relevant to your account. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Remember to log out of your griddig account and close your browser window when you are done. This ensures that others cannot access your personal information if your computer is accessible to others.
How do I opt out of receiving messages from griddig?
Since it is necessary for us to contact you regarding certain matters, you may not opt out of receiving messages relating to material company announcements or policy changes, or administrative matters relating to your account, like billing, collections, customer support or the like.
If you provided your personal information to griddig for the purposes of receiving more information about a griddig service before choosing to sign up as a user, and you no longer want to be contacted by griddig, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive and griddig will remove you from the list of those who will be contacted with more information about the griddig service.
What are cookies and how does griddig use them?
This policy is periodically reviewed by griddig and may be subject to change. Therefore, we encourage you to check the date of this Policy whenever you access or use the Services to check if this Policy has been updated. You must review this Policy on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes. If you do not agree to any modifications to this Policy, your sole recourse is to immediately stop all use of all Services. You may refer to the date posted at the top of this page to determine when this policy was last updated. Use of the Services constitutes consent to any policies then in effect.
griddig and children.
griddig is intended for use by people over the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. Please do not use griddig if you are under the age of 18. If you are the parent or guardian of a minor whom you believe may have provided personal information to us, please notify us using the support page.
We do not disclose your Personal Data to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, unless you first affirmatively agree to that disclosure.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits user who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information with respect to your privacy rights under California law, you may contact us at the contact point described above. Please reference your request as “California Disclosure Information.”